DEVELOP, CREATE & SHARE.
New Music Theatre Intensives Emerging Artist Professional Program is designed to give artists and music theatre makers, ages 18+, the opportunity to DEVELOP and SHOWCASE their work. Through MENTORSHIP by industry professionals, workshops and master classes, this program allows artists to LEARN, EXPLORE, DEVELOP SKILLS, CREATE and SHARE.
- Small select group of emerging artists (approx 10-14)
- Led by a team of Toronto’s top industry professionals
- Perform in an inventive contemporary music theatre production
- Develop and challenge music theatre skills in singing, acting and dance
- Masterclasses and specialized workshops with guests artists
- Kevin WongMusic Director, Composer/Lyricist
- Matt MurrayDirector, Writer
- Steven GallagherDirector, Writer
- Meredith SheddenEmerging Artist
- Emma SpitzEmerging Artist
- Ben PageEmerging Artist
- Blake CrawfordEmerging Artist, Student
2018 Masterclasses are TBA; see our 2017 Masterclasses for a sample selection of subject matter and guest artists.
Acting Through Song: Robert McQueen (Stage Director, Dramaturge & Teacher – Broadway, Stratford Festival of Canada, Canadian Opera Company, Acting Up Stage)
Producer’s Perspective: Mitchell Marcus (Artistic & Managing Director of Acting Up Stage)
Getting An Agent: Shari Quallenberg (AMI Artist Management Inc.) / Geoff William Scott (Talent House)
Artist Wellness: Tonia Cianciulli (Wish Arts, Soprano)
Entrepreneurship in Theatre: Derrick Chua (Dora Award-Winning Producer)
Managing Stress: Melissa Moore, RP (Registered Psychotherapist)
Once accepted into the program, artists have the opportunity to apply for scholarship funding through Arts Access Fund. Artists interested in a scholarship must complete a scholarship application form when they audition. Our goal is to assist as many artists as possible, however we cannot guarantee financial aid.
Students apply from outside the Greater Toronto Area can contact Bravo Academy for accommodations assistance. Contact us for more information!